Friday, October 21, 2005

Another Patriotic Moonbat To The Rescue

-
Okay, this piece by Joel Connelly in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer is, on the surface, about a feud between a slimey moonbat congressman named McDermott and a Republican congressman named Boehner. Something about a lawsuit and the moonbat trying to get money for it and blah, blah, blah.

The real meat of it, though, is that this McDermott character is trying to run United States foreign policy. He is meeting with foreign leaders away from the U.S. (ala- john kerry) and working to undermine our military war effort and "bring home the military as soon as possible"... by Christmas, maybe.

[[ Even as political fund-raising pitches go, the latest letter from Congressman-for-life Jim McDermott is audacious: "Cover my back" so I can help bring peace to Iraq.

McDermott is using the Iraq war to raise money to support an 8-year-old legal battle with Rep. John Boehner, R-Ohio.

"I just returned from Jordan, where I talked to numerous prominent Iraqis who have fled Baghdad," McD wrote in an Oct. 14 pitch. "I want to spend my time working on what I learned on this trip in pursuing a peace plan together with my congressional colleagues. ...

"However, my court hearing will start on the 15th of November. Therefore, I have to take the time to raise money!"

In his fund-raising letter, meanwhile, McDermott discounts the referendum on Iraq's new constitution. "We need to start withdrawing our troops by Christmas and concurrently call for an Arab-controlled peace conference that can reach an Atwa (arrangement)."

So that McDermott can help make foreign policy, he tells potential donors, "I am counting on you to cover my back."
]]

More Sedition From The DFL

So, they can threaten the President with physical violence and now they can work to undermine our war effort. At what point do we start arresting people for treason again?

-

web counter
web counter