Friday, June 01, 2007

Fred Thompson Time

-
Okay, I'm going to start showing a new meter on all my postings that involve Fred Thompson. It will indicate how close I am to dropping everything and campaigning shamelessly for Mr. Thompson. The scale will be the standard 1 to 10, with 1 being: "No way, Freddie." and 10 being: "FRED, FRED, FRED!!!!!"

For the past few weeks, the scale has hovered between 3 and 4.5... mostly because I was and am still gathering information.

This morning, it moved to 7.5.

Why, you ask? Well, I've been doing more and more research into his background and life... and I finally found his Senate voting record. He is right on the money on the vast majority of these votes. I am troubled by a few things there, but we'll see how they flesh out as time goes on here.

Fred Thompson On The Issues

So, that moved the scale a bit... but it wasn't until I read this piece in the Weekly Standard that it leapt mightily upward. Take the time to read this... trust me. It gets really good on the second page.

From The Courthouse To The White House

Listen... I'm a man who has recently been let down badly by a politician. I am hurt and bruised and battered by my President's current behavior on this immigration fiasco. So, I am not ready yet to jump blindly behind another "Conservative" politician.

Having said that, I will add that Fred Thompson is starting to look incredibly, amazingly good. So good, in fact, that the meter has moved again since I've been typing this!

Fred Thompson Meter: 8

-

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All politicians:
my meter says ( 0 )

that's a zero.

1/6/07 08:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean but Fred seems different.

2/6/07 17:33  

Post a Comment

<< MAIN PAGE

web counter
web counter