Wednesday, August 10, 2005

What A Ride!


-
Well, it's been nigh onto two weeks since I started this little site... and just a little over four days since I took it "public". As of this posting, I've had over 7000 hits and a whole passel of comments (thanks to Michelle Malkin and Charles Johnson) . Here are some of the things I have drawn from this blogging baptism under fire.

1) It feels really, really good to express myself and have it be read and, in some cases, appreciated by other people. I've been a writer all my life, and so this is, in some small way, almost like getting one of my novels or poems "published". Also, I just seem to have a lot to say- and a lot of other people's stuff to point out.

2) Some people are very nice and very supportive. My family is awesome... they have encouraged and supported this project from the beginning. I am trying very hard to get them to start contributing to the content... as they all have great minds and plenty to say, also. Additionally, lots of kind people have stopped by to leave comments and compliments.

3) The DFL (Deranged Far Left) is truly deranged. One has only to witness the brouhaha that broke out on the comment section of this post (LINK) to see how ruffled they can get. I have had several exchanges with lefties both on this site and in my email (after they sent... colorful notes to me), and I can say that they do love to be engaged in "discussion". That is, as long as you do not disagree with them. In that case, they will call you lots of names and ignore facts like an unemployed man ignoring the landlord's knock at the door.

4) I have a whole lot of newfound respect for the successful bloggers out there. This truly is a revolution that we are in right now... a revolution of information. We are, all of us, able to take part in keeping this wonderful country (and world) informed. The day of media monopoly by the liberal press is coming to a close... and those who choose to join the great blogging stampede are helping to usher in the new age. Sorry to wax philosophic there... it is honestly overwhelming sometimes, though.

5) America needs this. We are basically a good people... and we are basically a social people. Those attributes allow us to share words... thoughts... feelings... and, most importantly, truth.

So... for what it's worth, I am happy to be here. I'll stay as long as it seems I should... and maybe some good will come of it- besides the good I have already gained for myself, of course!

Let's close this ramble with a nice quote from a dead, but wise, President, shall we?

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

~ Theodore Roosevelt

-

1 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

I got all 'tangled up' in the 'leftist movement (grin) in the other subject, and completely missed this one!

WOW! Only 2 weeks, and you have 7,000 hits!! I think I need to use more of Michelle's posts to comment on. But, then, I don't want to be bombarded by the folks you'd had showing up at your doorstep lately. :)

There are some wonderful bloggers out there, and I've met a few of them. Once in awhile, you even find a friend. Common interests seem to surface all over the different blogs, pulling us together. One writes, one reads, one comments, and one will link - it just goes on and on.

I never thought blogging was for me, although my son kept saying for me to try it, I'd love it. Now, he says he made a 'monster' - in a good way, since I have become addicted - like I need another addiction to stay on this computer. I think my husband feels I'm married to it instead of him. But, after 41 years, he doesn't complain that much.

May you continue to have great success and stay around for all us others to read.

13/8/05 19:55  

Post a Comment

<< MAIN PAGE

web counter
web counter