Friday, September 02, 2005

Strange, Indeed

-
I've been having lots of dreams about the war and combat since it started over two years ago. It got really bad when my son was over there... and I still have dreams now. Usually, I am trying to help my platoon of Marines and I usually wake up frustrated and sad.

I just read a letter from a subscriber to a Marine Corps newsletter I belong to... it is eerily similar to my experience.

[[ Dear Sgt Grit,

I truly enjoy all the patriotic letters of those who write to you.

Now, I find myself sharing a story with you that was truly inspired by my heavenly maker.

Several months ago I was dreaming that I was back in the Corps in the midst of Marines in a helicopter ready for battle. The atmosphere was tense and very motivated to kick ass.

Everyone was checking their gear and weapons as we got closer to the ground.

I heard someone say a lot of sand kicking in the air.

I felt as though that this was going to be it. All about sacrifice to my God, Country and Corps. As the chopper landed, everyone jumped out of the helicopter one by one at a very rapid pace fading into the dust. I tried to get up and jump out but was held back by some powerful force and I started to hear cries of fellow Marines dying in battle. I cried because I could not get to them.

I woke up crying and hearing a still small voice inside of me saying pray for your nation and those who are fighting in the war. This dream I cannot forget and will never forget. This dream was given to me by my heavenly father who cares for the fighting men and women who are now serving in Iraq and other hot spots.

I wear various caps with many types of logos on it. I get compliments and of course I get sneered looks.

And, the Marine emblem that I have on my vehicle had spit on it which occurred at a college campus where I had attended. Of course I was upset but I had said to myself the pour soul doesn't respect anything and needs help from going to "H&ll"

I am a Native American and I am proud to have served in the Marines.

I would like to say to all of you yahoos out there who complain about everything. Be thankful that you are alive and that you live freely in this country.

Just be Thankful! Grateful!

May God's hand be upon all those who are in the military now and comfort those who lost their loved ones. And, may he give a peace of mind to those who have served. Amen.

N. Hendricks Jr.
Lance Corporal 83-87
9th Comm. Battalion, Camp Pendleton, Ca
Sells, Arizona
]]

In this time of national crisis... it is good to know that such men are around. I swear to you that this is all that is keeping me sane right now. There are so many bad, confused, evil people out there- and this hurricane thing is bringing many of them out in the open...

-

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I was just cruisin around the 'net and came across your blog site.
Pretty cool stuff. Keep it going!

AWSOME Garden Plant
website. If you, or someone you know, has an interest in Garden Plant,
please come and check it out. Enjoy!

2/9/05 13:01  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tsar,

What have you got against teddy bears? ;)

2/9/05 23:25  
Blogger kmg said...

Husker,

It could be, but I strongly doubt it. I'm only 41, and I have a very physically demanding job in federal law enforcement- with lots and lots of gunplay and running and jumping and all of that. Not much different than what I did in the Marine Corps for two decades.

To me, it seems to be a form of guilt. I'm strongly motivated by that emotion (Catholic, go figure!)...

3/9/05 11:18  

Post a Comment

<< MAIN PAGE

web counter
web counter