Monday, October 02, 2006

Rationality Is So Rare

-
We all feel the crazed heat (pardon the pun) coming off the moonbats when it comes to the global warming hysteria. It is their... thing. Without hurting my brain too much trying to psychoanalyze these creatures- I think I know the main reason for their intense addiction to this topic.

First, they need to feel good about themselves, since their deeds and their inner selves are usually so incredibly negative and dark. "Caring" about the environment is a sure-fire way to grab some much needed self-esteem. It shows that they are "children of the earth." It gives them a ticket into the "I care" club. At the end of the day, they can say to themselves, "well, I may hate myself and my country, but at least I care about the earth." Nice.

Second, they need to "rage against the machine." By assigning blame to global warming, they are able to feel like they are David fighting against Goliath (yes, I realize they would never, ever use a biblical reference, but it works for us here). They are battling the evil, Republicans who are trying to destroy the planet for oil and gold and whatever else. This is the one that energizes them. Due to careful and systematic media assistance, this global warming "plot" is a much more "mainstream" conspiracy than, say, the one being pushed by lunatics about the 9/11 thing.

Finally, and probably most important, it is a way for the left to grab for power. There is no way they could ever, ever, ever, ever, ever win an election if they said what they really stood for. No chance in hell. So, they have to make do with trying to scare us into voting for them. The sad truth of it is that lots and lots of good and caring people buy into their crap. That is the only reason any election is ever even close at all.

I realize that I'm preaching to the choir here... but I read a great article today and it got me thinking about this subject. It is about Senator Inhofe and his "lone voice of rational dissent." Here it is for you to read- please do so:

Cooling Down The Climate Scare

-

web counter
web counter