Saturday, July 28, 2007

The Last Word (for now)

-
Wow-- time does fly, doesn't it? Two years ago today saw the humble beginning of this very humble site. I think I related the origin before... how my daughter Rachel and I came up with the idea after a somewhat acrimonious "discussion" with some family members who are stuck in the old "union democrat" paradigm. We decided that we had to make a difference and try to educate and help bring knowledge to the ignorant and all that. Two years...

In that time, I have spouted off on just about every subject under the sun. I have also met many great people who have shown me exactly what I needed to see: that I was not alone out here. I've been linked to by Michelle Malkin and Charles from Little Green Footballs-- giving this site massive waves of incoming traffic.

Someone with more time would have been in a position to press that advantage and really turn this into a big site. Of that, I am sure. Sadly, I was not that person. Time is the one thing I have been running thin on for a while now. For a long time, I posted lengthy entries and did more than just link to stories. My inner voice, though, finally won out and I returned to my one, true calling. Which brings us to today's post.

It is time for me to put this site on hiatus so that I can spend any and all extra time I have on my books. The impetus for this was my being struck by a bolt of... something from above. Oddly enough, it was Rachel with me again when I had the revelation. That was last December, and since then I have written and now published the story that had to be told. I had already finished my other novel-- one with a completely different subject, by the way-- but it had to take a backseat to this one.

It is called "Guardian Dear" and it is about angels and love and a whole lot more. I will be spending all my time now on publicizing this one and also finishing/polishing my other one... plus, I have about five more waiting to come out. Obviously, it is time for me to pursue this writing thing.

So... here we are. I want to say a huge thank you to those of you who have been with me all along. Also, to those of you who came along later and hung around. I appreciate all the comments and emails and good energy. I would love to stay in touch with all of you, so please don't be strangers. Oh, and I will probably find some time in the future to post something here-- so, if you want me to notify you of such happenings, then just send me an email now telling me so.

Finally, some shameless plugging. Here is the website I put up for the new book... complete with a link to the publisher's site for ordering a copy for that reader on your gift list. I think it will also be on Amazon and Barnes and Noble in a month or two.

Guardian Dear

Goodbye for now, everyone. Be well and stay motivated!

Semper Fidelis,

kmg

-

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oo-Rah Gunny!!! Semper Fi!

Cpl C., 3/5 - old time Marine

28/7/07 09:34  
Blogger saj said...

KMG,

I had a feeling something like this was coming, but how can I feel bad about it when you are pursuing something so wonderful like writing.

I have always been a creature of habit. I sit in the same pew every Sunday, I go to the same grocery store every Friday morning,etc., and when I read the blogs, I check in here first thing every time.

Thank you for "listening" to all my problems with my son and issues with my parents and their politics. I have lots of family and friends to talk to and a wonderful husband, it's just that sometimes, it helps me to put my frustrations down on "paper". I have found that writing it all down helps me to put it into better prespective. Running does that for me too. They both help me clear my head. Being able to put my problems down in writing and send them off to a total stranger was therapeutic, sort of like having my own psychiatrist, lol. Anyway, I've had some serious issues happen this past spring with my son that I never wrote you about. I guess that was about the time I decided to run the Baltimore Marathon and really picked up on my running.

Best of luck with your books. I will definitely check them out. I will check in once in awhile to see how you are doing.

Take care and God bless!

SAJ

29/7/07 04:42  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job,Gunny!

29/7/07 12:47  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for spending so much timeon this gunny! I'm buying your book and I hope yuou write more of them.

30/7/07 12:56  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WIKIPEDIA !!

7/8/07 11:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pop, I am endlessly, crazily, unbelievably proud of you for everything you've accomplished. This website, your books, your lust for life, your devotion to your family and your values...everything. Everything about you is worth admiring.
I hope you get to come back to commentating and reporting and digging and sharing and inspiring. You remind people what is worth knowing and worth considering. You show and tell information that is viable and credible and right.
I am sorry I didn't check in enough. Like everything in my fragile life, I took this website for granted. Assumed that it would always be there. But your messages will always be there. You are a true and eternal hero in the fight for truth and decency in this world. Oo-rah. Oh yeah -Liberalpounder aka...your eldest

12/8/07 23:32  
Blogger Ol'Bud said...

TIME TO GET STARTED AGAIN GUNNY.
BUD

29/3/08 11:49  
Blogger Ol'Bud said...

Good Morning, Gunny;
Where the heck are you?
Over.

20/9/08 06:23  
Blogger Ol'Bud said...

Where have you been,Gunny ?

31/10/08 16:42  

Post a Comment

<< MAIN PAGE

web counter
web counter