Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Telling It Like It Is

-
Wow. Must be something in the water in North Carolina... but I absolutely love the quality of student coming out of Chapel Hill!

On the subject of racial profiling, this college junior definitely gets it.

[[ I want all Arabs to be stripped naked and cavity-searched if they get within 100 yards of an airport.

I don't care if they're being inconvenienced. I don't care if it seems as though their rights are being violated.

I care about my life. I care about the lives of my family and friends.

And I care about the lives of the Arabs and Arab Americans I'm privileged to know and study with. They're some of the brightest, kindest people I've ever met.

Tragically, they're also members of an ethnicity that is responsible for almost every act of terror committed against the West in the recent past.

And in the wake of the anniversary of 9/11, I think it's important to remember not only those who died, but how they died, why they died and where we stand now compared to where we stood then. ]]

Read the whole thing... then sign up for her fan club!

-

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah she is very brave and we need more like her!

14/9/05 18:50  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadly your probably right. I'm going to go write positive things to her!

15/9/05 06:00  

Post a Comment

<< MAIN PAGE

web counter
web counter