Monday, December 26, 2005

Words Strung Together

-
You know how sometimes a simple concept will smack you in the face and seem suddenly to be the greatest thought ever? Well, I was giving some unsolicited words of wisdom to my daughter the other day, and that thought expanded to a whole lot more.

"Into each life a little rain must fall," I wrote to her. "The trick is in understanding that, even as we are being soaked, our crops are being watered."

Simple concept, right? Well, it definitely runs deeper than that for me.

The trials and tribulations we go through absolutely make us who we are. We owe our character to the things we have been through. We must never, ever belittle our struggles... or neglect to learn the true lessons from our mistakes. To do so is to deny the growth step that comes with failure and troubles.

I am richer by far for having had hard times in my life. They have made me better and constantly serve as a reminder of my strength (or lack thereof, as the case allows).

I would not trade the steps on my "life ladder" for anything.

I expect more hard times... in fact, I am sure that there are some waiting for me even now... and I say, BRING IT!


(Thanks for listening to my ramblings... sometimes it just leaks out.)

-

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen to that!

27/12/05 13:34  
Blogger devildog6771 said...

Inspiring words. Keep them coming.

1/1/06 02:17  

Post a Comment

<< MAIN PAGE

web counter
web counter