Monday, August 28, 2006

Even More

-
An anonymous Christian-bashing apologist for the islamofascists left a great comment on my previous post. Rather than reply there, I thought I'd share for everyone.

Here is his/her last paragraph:

--"Obviously, I have little hope that my thoughts will open up your mind. So continue to judge billions of the world's people by a handful of their worst examples. But I do urge you, before condemning another person's Scripture and practices, to examine your own tradition, as well as your own personal prejudices. IIRC, Jesus of Nazareth taught us to be radically patient, pacifist, and kind-spirited. Consider that as you encourage the casting of stones. "--

Now, I'll reply:

Dear anonymous Christian-bashing apologist for the head-choppers;

The ludicrous irony of your closing sentence is, no doubt, lost on you. Here's a clue:

Mother Of Two Faces Death By Stoning

Go ahead... read the whole, sickening thing... and then come back and explain how a "handful of their worst examples" is doing all of this. Or... just turn a blind eye to it, as you have been for years.

As you struggle to blame America and Christianity for all things... and as you attempt, time and time again, to make an absolutely ridiculous moral equivalence between the barbaric savages of islam and ANY modern Christian... and as you smirk in your self-righteous contempt for peaceful, God-fearing Christians... in all that, I hope you are able to remember how much you believe the things you say when the "holy-warriors" come to call for your "conversion."

Open MY mind?? I pray that your mind, and your eyes, will open- before it is too late for us all. We will need all the help we can get... even from one such as you... as we face this open warfare of civilization versus evil.

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Please have a great evening.

kmg

-

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is belated due to illness, but I thank you for taking the time to respond to my comment.

For the record, I am Christian, and I have a graduate degree in comparative religion. So I know quite a bit about both Christianity and Islam.

I agree that my word choice was not the best in that last sentence, considering the subject matter at hand. I was referring not to the literal casting of stones, of course, but to your general hostility towards and judgement of a multi-ethnic religion followed by fully one third of the world's population.

In my previous comment, I condemned regimes that use the Qur'an as criminal law. You are 100% correct that the "death by stoning" case, others like it, and any state that uses millennia-old texts to oppress modern women is sinful. (Which is why I fully supported/continue to support the American military's efforts in Afghanistan and elsewhere.) As Christians, it is our duty to speak out against such atrocities and do everything in our power to stop them.

I am not attempting "to blame America and Christianity for all things." I am attempting to suggest to you that, just as there are fanatical Christians who -- in the name of religion and backed by Scripture -- participate in terrorist acts (such as the abortion clinic bombings of the 90's), the terrorism we face today is perpetrated by fanatics. But just as I would never dream of making judgments about Christianity or individual Christians based on the actions of those few, I think it is short-sighted to do the same to the literally billions of Muslims who have nothing to do with/condemn the fanatics in their midst.

I am not an apologist for terrorism, in any way, shape, or form. Hatred and violence are sinful, period. If we are ever going to create lasting peace, it will be through understanding and accepting differences (and yes, that burden lies on everyone's shoulders, not just ours), not through prejudice and ignorance. And when I read your site, I see a sad lack of compassion, empathy, and insight, and rather, a lot of hostile blustering about "islamofascists" (do you know the difference, even, between Islam and Islamicism, that one describes a religion and one a secular, political agenda?). Some of the brightest thinkers in the world today, the people who have the best shot at actually creating peace, are Muslim. So I simply humbly ask you to consider what you as an individual and we as a nation might gain by learning more and reacting less -- and what might be lost if we don't,

4/9/06 16:43  

Post a Comment

<< MAIN PAGE

web counter
web counter