Wednesday, August 24, 2005

American Decency In Action

-
It is getting harder and harder for the old media to ignore what is happening in Crawford. The DFL has miscalculated the potential for good Americans to stand up to their insane sedition.

This is a very important story... it highlights the goodness that is still alive in America- and juxtaposes it with the truth of those who oppose our country.

[[ There's a protest movement afoot in Crawford, Texas and it's growing larger with each passing day.

No, I don't mean that one.

Just across the street from Cindy Sheehan's "Camp Casey," a relatively small but significant group calling themselves "Camp Reality" have organized to voice their support for President Bush and the liberation of Iraq. And the anchor of this movement is one 18-year-old woman named Bethany Berry.

Bethany's father John Berry is a chaplain with the U.S. Army Reserves currently serving in Iraq. He's been in and out of active military duty since 1972. Before being shipped to Iraq, John served as the Methodist preacher in Crawford. Bethany told National Review Online Tuesday about a life of migrating from one small Texas town to another in accordance with her father's service. She's lived in Crawford for about two years and didn't hesitate to add her name to the counter-protest movement. "I'm just here supporting my president and my Dad," Berry said.

Berry is doing more than supporting her father. She has become a symbol to those voicing their support for President Bush. Fellow "Reality" camper Jeanie Cosper tells NRO, "She keeps us older people going. She's very proud of her father as she should be. Some days we'd rather not be out here. We all have jobs and families. But on days when we might not, she's our motivation to come out here." As one of the many signs on the site reads, "Camp Reality: And yes sometimes it bites."
]] (LINK to story)

One of my favorite parts is this doozy from Joan Baez:

[[ "We've just made ourselves so loathsome that whatever happens I think will be better. We have antagonized the world so much. I mean, I travel a lot. When I'm in places like Italy I memorize the Italian translation and I say, 'I ask for your forgiveness for what my president is doing to the world. And they stand, they get up and give a standing ovation, because someone finally does get it. That's how they see it. Granted, that is my public. But that public is pretty broad." ]]

Did you get that? Now they are memorizing how to say "sorry for our stupid President" in other languages. You have to admire the kind of dedication and obsequious behavior they demonstrate whenever they are "abroad"...

...idiots.

-

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Bethany!!! That girl rocks!

24/8/05 11:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved this story. It gave me hope!

SAJ

24/8/05 13:11  
Blogger kmg said...

Gives me hope, too, SAJ... let's not let Tsar and Husker_Met know, though... they'll find a way to bring us down...

:-)

24/8/05 15:56  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I agree with the rest of you on this one.

It still doesn't change the fact that the Iraqi Republic is doomed to self-destruction, though. ;)


Pomoze Bog.
Tsar Lazar

24/8/05 23:47  
Blogger kmg said...

See??? I told you!!

Death, grief, sorrow, murder...!!!


:-)

25/8/05 14:39  

Post a Comment

<< MAIN PAGE

web counter
web counter