Monday, August 15, 2005

Cindy Sheehan - In Her Own Words

-
Both sides have more than chimed in on this fiasco… and there has been a lot of bluster (me included!) about this explosive issue. In all of this, it is easy to forget that this woman can speak- and has spoken- for herself. We already know what the DFL thinks of her:

"I'd go even further than that: She has transcended her person [sic: personal?] grief and become the Goddess--for now anyway. At this moment, Cindy Sheehan has become the Great Mother, and even the fundies know instinctively there is no way they can fight that kind of power, because it's the power of life itself."

"Recently, somebody on DU compared Cindy Sheehan with Demeter confronting Zeus over the loss her daughter Persephone, and it's a very apt comparison."


...for now, anyway...??? Yeah... she is definitely the "cause du jour" for them. Certainly useful... easily forgotten once all the political gold is mined from her.

LINK TO democrat underground POST (I feel very dirty now...)

(This wonderful journey into the strange world of the democrat underground was brought to us by the always awesome Angry In The Great White North.) LINK TO ORIGINAL POST

So, let’s have a look, purely clinically, at her words. Yes, I know that many of the things she says directly contradict other things she has said. That is the beauty of it all… you don’t have to be consistent in your message, just display lots and lots of emotion and hatred, and you will become famous and celebrated. I hope you don't sprain a mental muscle trying to follow this tortured soul's rhetoric… it is truly a spin through the Phantom Zone.

These quotes- only a partial sampling of her public statements- are presented without editorializing. Some have been juxtaposed to illustrate the incredible hypocrisy (or psychosis, your choice) of this deranged person. The main purpose is to give the reader a look at the woman behind the peace sign. Read and decide what you think of someone- anyone- who makes statements like these. You may also notice that she likes to use the same "talking points" type phrases over and over… it is a tool that her handlers have taught her well.

So without further ado… heeeeeerrrrre’s CINDY!

Enjoy.

[["I now know he's sincere about wanting freedom for the Iraqis,” Cindy said after the meeting (With President Bush). “I know he's sorry and feels some pain for our loss. And I know he's a man of faith.” (JUNE 2004)

"That was the gift the president gave us, the gift of happiness, of being together.” (JUNE 2004)

"He wouldn't look at the pictures of Casey. He didn't even know Casey's name. He came in the room and the very first thing he said is, 'So who are we honoring here?' He didn't even know Casey's name. He didn't want to hear it. He didn't want to hear anything about Casey. He wouldn't even call him 'him' or 'he.' He called him 'your loved one.'” (AUGUST 2005)

”Every time we tried to talk about Casey and how much we missed him, he would change the subject. And he acted like it was a party.” (AUGUST 2005)

“Yes, he came in very jovial, and like we should be happy that he, our son, died for his misguided policies.” (AUGUST 2005)

“We would like for him to explain this "noble cause" to us and ask him why Jenna and Barbara are not in harm's way, if the cause is so noble. “

“If George is not ready to send the twins, then he should bring our troops home immediately. We will demand a speedy withdrawal.”

“George Bush and his neo-conservatives killed my son.”

“America has been killing people on this continent since it was started. This country is not worth dying for.”

“They’re not waging a War on Terror but a War of Terror.”

“The biggest terrorist is George W. Bush.”

“We have no Constitution. We’re the only country with no checks and balances. We want our country back if we have to impeach George Bush down to the person who picks up the dog sh-t in Washington! Let George Bush send his two little party animals to die in Iraq. It’s OK for Israel to have nuclear weapons but we are waging nuclear war in Iraq, we have contaminated the entire country. It’s not OK for Syria to be in Lebanon. Hypocrites! But Israel can occupy Palestine? Stop the slaughter!”

"And the other thing I want him to tell me is ‘just what was the noble cause Casey died for?’ Was it freedom and democracy? Bullsh*t! He died for oil. He died to make your friends richer. He died to expand American imperialism in the Middle East. We’re not freer here, thanks to your PATRIOT Act. Iraq is not free. You get America out of Iraq and Israel out of Palestine and you’ll stop the terrorism!”

"My son was killed in 2004. I am not paying my taxes for 2004. You killed my son, George Bush, and I don't owe you a penny...you give my son back and I'll pay my taxes. Come after me (for back taxes) and we'll put this war on trial."

"And now I'm going to use another 'I' word - impeachment - because we cannot have these people pardoned. They need to be tried on war crimes and go to jail."

"Is there anyone in America who cannot yet see that Donald Rumsfeld is a liar...that he, as with Hitler and Stalin....will say anything so long as he thinks it will help shape the world to his own liking? Is there even one, sane adult among us who cannot see that Donald Rumsfeld is a threat to our nation's security and to peace on our beloved earth?"

"As soft-spoken and sincere-sounding as Paul Wolfowitz is, is there yet any sane adult in this country who's skin does not crawl when this murderous liar opens his mouth and speaks? Am I the only person in this room who clearly sees that Paul Wolfowitz is a threat to our nation's security...and to peace on our beloved earth?"

"Our country has been overtaken by murderous thugs....gangsters who lust after fortunes and power; never caring that their addictions are at the expense of our loved ones, and the blood of innocent people near and far. We've watched these thugs parade themselves before the whole world as if they are courageous advocates for Christian moral values....and for the spread of democracy. Yet we all know that they are now putting in place, all across this country, a system of voting that provides no way to validate the accuracy of the counting of the votes. Our loved ones have been buried in early graves even as these arrogant thugs parade themselves before the entire world, insisting that democracy is worth dying for, killing for, and destroying entire cities for, all the while they are busy here at home overseeing the emplacement of an electronic voting system that invites fraud at every turn, an electronic vote-counting system that provides no way to validate the votes cast, and that, by it's very design, prohibits recounting the votes."

"The US government is now ruled by murderous hypocrites...criminals who should be arrested, charged appropriately, confined behind bars, and then tried in a court of law...not only here in our own country, but also in all the other countries which have suffered their incomprehensible greed. In their secret hiding places, while celebrating newly won fortunes with their fellow brass, these men must surely congratulate themselves with orgies of carnal pleasure as they mock the dwindling multitudes who are yet so blind as to mistake them for God's devoted servants."

"We're watching you (President Bush) very carefully and we're going to do everything in our power to have you impeached for misleading the American people."

"Beating a political stake in your black heart will be the fulfillment of my life."

" Then we have this lying bast*rd, George Bush, taking a 5-week vacation in a time of war. You know what? I'm never going to get to enjoy another vacation, because of him."

"My vacation probably - -this is really sad because I have a really cute dress I was going to wear to the banquet tomorrow night, but I'm either gonna be in jail or in a tent in Crawford, waiting until that jerk comes out and tells me why my son died."

"But do you think George Bush will interrupt his vacation and go visit the families of those 20 marines that have died in Ohio this week? No, because he doesn't care, he doesn't have a heart. That's not enough to stop his little playing cowboy' game in Crawford for 5 weeks."

"So anyway that filth-spewer and warmonger, George Bush was speaking after the tragedy of the marines in Ohio, he said a couple things that outraged me."

"But I don't care, I'm goin'. And I'm gonna tell them, 'You get that evil maniac out here, cuz a Gold Star Mother, somebody who's blood is on his hands, has some questions for him.'"

"And I'm gonna say, 'And you tell me, what the noble cause is that my son died for.' And if he even starts to say 'freedom and democracy' I'm gonna say, bulls**t."

"You tell me the truth. You tell me that my son died for oil. You tell me that my son died to make your friends rich. You tell me my son died to spread the cancer of Pax Americana, imperialism in the Middle East. You tell me that, you don't tell me my son died for 'freedom and democracy.'

"Cuz, we're not freer. You're taking away our freedoms. The Iraqi people aren't freer, they're much worse off than before you meddled in their country.

"You get America out of Iraq, you get Israel out of Palestine!"

"What can we do to get him out of power? And I'm gonna say the I' word. Impeach. And we have to have everybody impeached that lied to the American public, and that's the executive branch, and any people in congress, and we gotta go all the way down and we might have to go all the way down to the person who picks up the dogshit in Washington because we can't let somebody rise to the top who will pardon these war criminals. Because they need to go to prison for what they've done in this world. We can't have a pardon. They need to pay for what they've done."

"Another thing that I'm doing is - - my son was killed in 2004, so I'm not paying my taxes for 2004. If I get a letter from the IRS, I'm gonna say, you know what, this war is illegal; this is why this war is illegal. This war is immoral; this is why this war is immoral. You killed my son for this. I don't owe you anything. And if I live to be a million, I won't owe you a penny."

"And I want them to come after me, because unlike what you've been doing with the war resistance, I want to put this frickin' war on trial. And I want to say, 'You give me my son, and I'll pay your taxes.'"

"We won't let George Bush and his evil neocon cabal ruin our world anymore."

"One of our neighbors fired off a shot gun. He said he was shooting at birds, but he is tired of us being there and he wants us to leave. I didn't get to talk to him, but I told the media that if he wanted us to leave so badly, why doesn't he tell his other neighbor, George, to talk to me."

"I bet it didn't even give him indigestion to see so many people protesting his murderous policies."

"Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Michelle Malkin, Matt Drudge, etc... They are despicable human beings and not even worth our concern."

"Yes, my first born was murdered. Am I angry? Yes, he was killed for lies and for a PNAC Neo-Con agenda to benefit Israel. My son joined the army to protect America, not Israel. Am I stupid? No, I know full well that my son, my family, this nation and this world were betrayed by George Bush who was influenced by the neo-con PNAC agendas after 9/11. We were told that we were attacked on 9/11 because the terrorists hate our freedoms and democracy … not for the real reason, because the Arab Muslims who attacked us hate our middle-eastern foreign policy."


And what about her husband- who is divorcing her now? How did he feel about all this? Well, we only have his words from right after they met with the President in June of 2004. He has not reneged on those words as of yet…

"We have a lot of respect for the office of the president, and I have a new respect for him because he was sincere and he didn't have to take the time to meet with us," Pat said.

Finally, Angry In The Great White North has a very good post on the whole psychological aspect of what is happening to this poor creature. Definitely worth a read. LINK TO ORIGINAL POST

-

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez, the DU, kmg! I hope you had your shots and your hip-waders.

As for Mrs. Sheehan...Wow. I almost spit beer all over my keyboard. That someone would believe some of those things... Yeah, a nuclear war, huh? And then she'll only believe anything Bush tells her if it's what she wants to hear. I certainly hope she's exaggerating at least a little. Otherwise she's getting close to "danger to herself and others" level of insanity.

And if you read this husker_met, sorry for not replying the other night. I'm in Lincoln until the end of the week and then it's back to Omaha for the school year, but I work here, so I'm around a lot. If you ever want somebody to buy you a drink for being one of those brave souls willing to go over to that hot place for the rest of us, just let me know.

15/8/05 17:58  
Blogger kmg said...

Thanks, Brian... yeah, she is rounding the bend and heading straight for "soft-white room-ville".

I do feel some pity that this has happened to her. I guess when you mix a hardcore leftist agenda with honest grief... anything can happen.

Sad.

15/8/05 18:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she is really starting to piss me off and make us look even worse to our enemies. when is enough enough?

16/8/05 09:14  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Conservatives just can't take the heat Mother Cindy is bringing to their phony war.
She will be heard!

16/8/05 12:16  
Blogger kmg said...

...Mother Cindy...???

Geez... how do you people say stuff like that without your tongue just snapping off its rollers...??

16/8/05 22:14  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'd think she'd learn to shut up when her own family disowns her...

17/8/05 19:16  
Blogger kmg said...

I don't think "shutting up" is a skillset that this woman will be practicing any time soon...

Her mouth is set on full blast and there is no filter between her brain and her vocal cords... whatever one of her handlers puts in that brain pan just rolls right off the tongue and into the waiting ears of the old media.

17/8/05 22:42  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If theres anything happening today sicker than this, I don't want to know about it.

21/8/05 16:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They have always been here and they always will be. The difference now is that we pay attention to them.

21/8/05 17:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work. Must have hurt to go to those places!

21/8/05 17:20  
Blogger ritzy said...

Newsflash: Cindy Sheehan is becoming a Muslim after family disowns her, husband divorces and she notices herself in the mirror.

http://missmabrouk.blogspot.com/2005/08/cindy-ghost-aint-pretty.html

bye/ Miss Mabrouk of Egypt

21/8/05 20:46  

Post a Comment

<< MAIN PAGE

web counter
web counter