Saturday, December 31, 2005

Forward

-
Okay, here's the last post for 2005.

I would like to spend just a moment on Hope.

It occurs to me that all the frenzy... all the hype and celebration surrounding New Year's eve is a lot more than just a reason to party. It is almost a primordial sense of optimism... of Hope for the future. This goes way, way back in human history- this longing for a better tomorrow. This holiday seems to give us all a chance to really believe, if only for a minute, that the new year will be better than the last.

Hope is Christmas morning shining for weeks in advance... and it is the arrival of a newborn child. Hope is a thousand new reasons to go on for people injured and sick. Hope is the fuel for the engine that has driven human development for countless centuries. Hope has kept despair in check... and has allowed us to dream the sort of dreams that have changed the world many times over. Hope remains our only true defense against the terrible uncertainty that swirls around us every day.

My Hope for now is peace... this world has seen more than enough war and strife. Imagine that: I just wished for world peace... oh, no, wait... I just Hoped for world peace. Is that different?

Somehow, I think it is...

Happy New Year, everyone. Thanks again for your patronage... I look forward to spending lots more time with you in 2006.

Here's Hoping you have a good and hopeful holiday!

kmg

-

4 Comments:

Blogger devildog6771 said...

This is a beautiful post. Your words are full of wisdom. Thank you for posting them. I needed a boost. Foer almost6 weeks now I have refused to watch the news. I am just so sick of the negative and biased nature of the news.

1/1/06 02:21  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, devildog ---

For a slightly more balanced take on the news of the day, you might try www.pajamasmedia.com, which is a site put together by a bunch of bloggers who had a similar opinion of the mainstream media, and decided to do something about it ...

Steve

1/1/06 10:00  
Blogger kmg said...

Glad to be of service, Devil Dog... I know exactly what you mean about the news... I've been shying away, too.

Semper Fi, Mac...!

1/1/06 10:01  
Blogger kmg said...

Tsar- try this site:

http://www.gunlaws.com

I'm not so sure about the SKS thing...

1/1/06 17:59  

Post a Comment

<< MAIN PAGE

web counter
web counter