Sunday, January 29, 2006

Our Future Is Bright...

-
...so long as we have kids like my Rachel Marie coming along.

Here's an impromptu poem she wrote at school... she got 60 out of 50 (extra credit), so the teacher has good taste. :-)

I am, of course, very proud of her... but mostly, I really think this should be shared.

-Gratitude-

When I try to grasp
the sacrifices
that some people make
to keep me safe and free,
how hard
some people work
just to keep me alive,
how difficult
some people's lives are made
so everyone can have rights,
it's then that I realize
that I can't possibly
understand
what these people go through.

All I can do for these people
is appreciate
them
and pray
for them
and hope
for them.

I wonder
if these people know
what a difference
they make in my life
and
how much
I appreciate them.


Thirteen years old, and a genius already...

-

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome job Girl!

29/1/06 12:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel you are a very smart girl! Keep on being grateful and it will comeback to you.

29/1/06 19:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel you are a very smart girl! Keep on being grateful and it will comeback to you.

29/1/06 19:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

29/1/06 20:28  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pomoze Bog.

BTW, as if the Senate wasn't goofy enough, Drudge is reporting that Cindy Sheehan is giving serious consideration to running against Dianne Feinstein for her US Senate seat. This is the best chance the GOP has for picking up one of the CA Senate seats in decades.

29/1/06 20:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pomoze Bog.

"You're doing something right in raising your kids KMG"

Yeah. Just make sure you keep it up by buying her a Pittsburg jersey. ;)

29/1/06 20:44  
Blogger kmg said...

Ha! No Pittsburg jersey... but I will be rooting for them. My girls are way too bitter and have become Seattle fans... but not me.

(BTW, Tsar... I removed your earlier comment since my young'uns will be visiting this post.)

30/1/06 20:34  

Post a Comment

<< MAIN PAGE

web counter
web counter