Sunday, January 08, 2006

Another Week

-
I've been taking the easy way out. By avoiding posting on this site, I've been allowing myself to coast away from expression- which is not good.

Anyway... I wanted to say that it's been my experience that progress is incremental. Like when I quit smoking... I went cold turkey- but it wasn't an overnight success. In fact, it was weeks/months before it was certain that I had beat it. Every day was progress.

So it goes with other aspects of life. The war in Iraq is a prime example of this. Spectacular progess has been made, but it has come slowly... almost evenly. Amidst a backdrop of explosions and death, the people of Iraq have been able to carve out a real chance at freedom. If progress wasn't incremental, then the moonbats would be right and all would be lost.

Honestly, I'm not sure what Murtha and the others could possibly be thinking. They see the same reports we do... the reports on the elections and the positive developments all around the Middle East of late. What the hell is wrong with these people? Have politics now really trumped patriotism, and even reality?

I guess they have.

Sad...

But I digress. The purpose of this post was to apologize to those loyal few who have continued to honor me with their time and effort in coming here and checking in regularly. I'm sorry that I haven't been a good host lately. I'm sorry that I can't share more with you right now. Mostly, I'm sorry I can't make sense out of this crazy world for all of us.

Remember, though... progess is incremental.

C-ya soon...

kmg

-

5 Comments:

Blogger kmg said...

It is what it is... indeed.

11/1/06 16:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pomoze Bog.

Sheesh, Gunny...is there anything we can do do help out? Do you want us to guest-post or anything.

Frankly, Sarge, you sound really tuckered out... :/

Keep the faith.

12/1/06 19:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pomoze Bog.

For perspective, here is an old Russian military proverb:

"The plan looked good on paper, only they forgot about the ravines."

12/1/06 19:28  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pomoze Bog.

SAJ---LOL!! Indeed. :)

Let's give him an "unrequested fission surplus," as Montgomery Burns once quipped. ;)

13/1/06 12:36  
Blogger devildog6771 said...

You certainly don't need to apologize. Don't you realize we are here for you not the other way around?

Just keep the faith and bounce stuf our way any time you want or need to do so! That's what friends are for, right?

17/1/06 15:56  

Post a Comment

<< MAIN PAGE

web counter
web counter