Monday, September 05, 2005

What About The Animals?

-
Have you wondered what the people in the disaster areas were doing with their pets? TJ and I talked about it... about how incredibly hard it would be. In fact, I don't think she would be able to leave her cats... and I could not imagine leaving my dog behind.

These people were torn with such decisions...

[[ As Valerie Bennett was evacuated from a New Orleans hospital, rescuers told her there was no room in the boat for her dogs. She pleaded. "I offered him my wedding ring and my mom's wedding ring," the 34-year- old nurse recalled Saturday. They wouldn't budge. She and her husband could bring only one item, and they already had a plastic tub containing the medicines her husband, a liver transplant recipient, needed to survive. ]] (LINK to story)

I think we will start to hear more very heart breaking stories about this... and, I believe, also some heart warming ones, too.

-

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"In fact, I don't think she would be able to leave her cats..."

Trust me...I would never leave my cats.

5/9/05 12:08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No way I'd ever leave my pets!

5/9/05 13:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Friend! I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please make a visit to my vitacraft pet products wholesale site.
Good luck in your endeavors!

4/7/06 19:56  

Post a Comment

<< MAIN PAGE

web counter
web counter