Monday, July 17, 2006

Didn't Believe Me?

-
When we recently discussed World War III (HERE), I hadn't yet seen this one. Apparently, Newt is beating the drum, too.

[[ Former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich says America is in World War III and President Bush should say so. In an interview in Bellevue this morning Gingrich said Bush should call a joint session of Congress the first week of September and talk about global military conflicts in much starker terms than have been heard from the president.

"We need to have the militancy that says 'We're not going to lose a city,' " Gingrich said. He talks about the need to recognize World War III as important for military strategy and political strategy.

"This is World War III," Gingrich said. And once that's accepted, he said calls for restraint would fall away:

"Israel wouldn't leave southern Lebanon as long as there was a single missile there. I would go in and clean them all out and I would announce that any Iranian airplane trying to bring missiles to re-supply them would be shot down. This idea that we have this one-sided war where the other team gets to plan how to kill us and we get to talk, is nuts."
]]

Yeah... nuts. Hmmmm... I wonder if any of the deranged far left in this country would fall into that catagory...?

Anyway, thank God that some smart people are starting to talk about this. We are facing an uphill battle, and the sooner people understand what's happening, the better.

Gingrich Says It's World War III

-

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Though it may be a world war, of sorts, I can't subscribe to the label "World War III". Maybe because I'm "programmed" to think of WW-III as being totally nuclear...nothing less.
I grew up in the late-70s and the 1980s, so I guess I was "tought" to think of it that way (via TV news, newspapers, teachers, etc). It's a hard belief to simply erase from my psyche; I might as well try to unlearn "2+2=4"...that would be just as easy. Not everyone is a moron, "anonymous".

17/7/06 14:36  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gingrich is right,
and we didn't start this war but we better be the ones to end it,
or it will drag on forever.
and if they bring it here to the continental U.S.,
then we will have a civil war because the left wing punks will want to capitulate to the aggressors.

18/7/06 00:25  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

10/8/06 07:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

15/8/06 17:24  

Post a Comment

<< MAIN PAGE

web counter
web counter